2860 - 2987 FINE ARTS - VARIA, COMMERCIAL ART, FURNITURE, PICTURE POSTCARDS, POSTERS etc.
- Folded. = Showing a gentleman in early 20th century cycling outfit, standing next to his bicycle.
- Formerly folded; several restored spots incl. sm. part at intersection of folds (±3x2 cm.).
= The Russian Chelyuskintsev Theatre in Grozny, capital of Chechnya, was established in 1934. Extremely rare, no copy traced. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
- Laid down on linen; closed tear in upper left (blank) corner.
= Polish recruitment poster from the Polish-Bolshevik war. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
- Rolled; scotch tape in lower corners on verso; sm. tear in upper/ lower margin (the latter closed w. scotch tape); corners w. sm. pinholes.
= Published on the occasion of the exhibition of Bons' posters for De Appel (The Hague, Affichegallerij, 2007).
- Two glue stains along upper edge.
AND 10 other Dutch posters, all similar size, promoting books or the Boekenweek or Kinderboekenweek, partly rolled, w. various (sm.) defects, i.a. by F. MONTENS, P. WORM, M. KEMPERS and J. SWARTE.
- Formerly folded; somewhat creased; pinholes in upper corners.
AND 1 other exhibition poster by/ on the same.
- Pinholes in corners; waterstain in upper part; rolled. = Early and rare poster by DICK BRUNA.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
Idem. "'t is weer pocket-weer* *zwarte beertjes-weer". Col. silkscreen poster, 63x45 cm., signed "Dick" on the screen. Idem. "Weertje of geen weertje lees een zwart beertje." Col. silkscreen poster, 63x45 cm., signed "Dick" on the screen.
- Rolled; sm. portion of upper margin folded over 9/ 6,5 cm. Otherwise fine.
Gerard Wernars (1924-2002). "Meubels AP originals". Col. offset poster, 96x68,5 cm., printed by De Jong & Co, Hilversum, 1959.
- Rolled; sl. creased in upper/ lower left (blank) margin; trifle foxed.
= Complete series.
= On paper with "Forsten en Comp." and large crowned circular watermark.
AND 4 similar (3x smaller) lvs. (also w. "Pro Patria", "J. Oomkens" or "Van Gelder" watermark), with text "Deze winkel wordt uitverkocht" or "Deze kamer is te koop".
- Folded twice; traces of sellotape in upper right margin/ lower right corner; a few creases; sm. tear in lower margin.
Idem. "Nationale reclasseeringsdag van de instellingen van alle gezindten. Gedenkt het reclasseeringswerk". Offset poster, 105x74,5 cm., idem, ibid., 1937.
- Rolled; folded twice; top margin creased and w. 2 (closed) tears; side margins sl. frayed.
AND 3 others: H. LOOSER, "Moederdag bloemendag 14 mei"; H.R. LABBÉ, "Karneval Düsseldorf 1959" and J. VAN KEULEN, "Jeugd vraagt ruimte" (mediocre/ poor copies).
- Upper edge bumped/ creased and w. closed tear; trifle foxed.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
- Sm. defects in margins.
= Poster for an exhibition at the Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam. Organized in conjunction with Holland Festival of 1949.
AND 1 other by the same for the Holland Festival.
- Some defects in corners and sl. soiled.
AND 8 other similar large posters by the same for the Holland Festival for the years 1955, 1957, 1959, 1960 (2 diff.), 1961, 1962 and 1964.
- All with (minor) defects.
= English and Waymouth formed a partnership called the Hapshash and the Coloured Coat who created various psychedelic posters and music.