5590 - 5932 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Foxed spots. = Provenance: the collection of J. and C. Ulmann (Lugt 3533).
= With annotation/ signature? on verso "E . Beukelaer bij Arkel. Bloklant" in pencil.
- Not examined outside frame; margins likely laid onto paper mount.
= Provenance: the collection of J. and C. Ulmann (Lugt 3533).
= On laid paper w. circular watermark.
ADDED: a 20th cent. gouache drawing of animals by "Ondaï".
- Vertical fold and creases in centre; a few vague creases and some soiling; upper two corners unexamined/ covered by the passepartout.
= Copy of the left half of the drawing by the same in the collection of the British Museum. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVI.
- Yellowed. = With part of contemp. manuscript text on verso.
AND 1 similar by the same (with collector's mark of Hans van Leeuwen on verso (Lugt 2799a)).
- Brown oily stains.
= On laid paper with watermark showing a house topped with a snake coiling around a staff (German, ±1550-1600). Cf. Piccard PPO 3-16-99 (Sulzberg, ±1596-1600).
- Cut out image and remargined; trifle thumbed.
= On paper with unidentified collector's mark (Lugt 4993).
- Trifle faded.
= With annotation on verso by the artist "Baambrugh 1750" (partly shining through on recto). Very attracive view. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVII.
- A few tiny closed holes/ tears along outer margins.
= With attribution in later hand on verso. With the collector's stamp of A. Mouriau on verso (Lugt 1829).
- Sl. foxed.
- Mounted under passepartout; margins foxed.
- Sl. browned/ foxed.
- Slightly yellowed; a few vague stains; middle fold splitting at top end.
= Showing three facades and floor plans of the same countryhouse.